We are a medium-sized company specialising in the design and manufacture of cabs. With a total of more than 200 employees, we design and manufacture around 5000 cabs for more than 20 national and international customers every year. Our traditional company site is in Döbeln in Saxony. Since 2013, we have also been manufacturing at our Slovakian site in Lipany.
We are part of MSK Group.
Carl Grieben founded a workshop in Döbeln to manufacture agricultural machinery. Franz Richter led the company to its first taste of success.
- 1895 – The unstoppable plough. At the turn of the century, during the course of general industrialisation, due to growing success, the company Franz Richter employed around 800 employees.
- 1946 – The post-war publicly owned agricultural operation "Rotes Banner Döbeln". After World War II, the publicly owned operation "Rotes Banner Döbeln" was formed. From the start of the 70s, it manufactured system cabs for the entire Warsaw Pact states.
- 1989 – Fall of the Wall
- 1990 – After the fall of the Wall, Matec was founded as successor and in
- 1994 – SMAG acquired Matec from its trust company.
- 1994–2013 – Since this time, Matec has been developing under the strategic leadership of SMAG into a leading supplier of system cabs in Germany.
- 2013 – Matec Slovakia founded
- 2015 – Matec Slovakia integrated into the Matec Group
- 2018 – The Finnish industrial conglomerate MSK Group acquired the entire share capital of Matec GmbH
For more than 15 years our quality management is certified to Standards ISO 9001. Many successful customer audits confirm this since then. We also follow environmentally friendly manufacturing requirements and certified according to ISO 14001.